Looking to work for a fast paced, growing company and are a Project Manager in equipment manufacturing? Look no further.The project manager will be responsible for the initiation, coordination, direction, control and completion of multiple projects at the same time, while remaining aligned with the specific scope of the project.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Manage capital equipment contracts with Class 1 freight railroads, major inner city transit authorities and construction general contractors.
- Set baseline job budgets during project initiation to monitor and adjust as needed throughout the life of the project.
- Build master project schedules (gantt charts) from sales estimates and subcontractor schedules.
- Track progress payment milestones and generate invoices within the ERP system to be sent to customers accordingly.
- Issue purchase orders to major suppliers for long lead time items, specialty components, and subcontracted services.
- Interface directly with customers as the main point of contact between engineering, manufacturing and the client.
- Evaluate equipment specifications alongside engineering to determine specification compliance; generate compliance matrices as needed for each project.
- Manage the original scope of supply and thoroughly communicate this with the customer; process change orders as necessary when scope creep occurs.
- Coordinate and track receivables from the customer that are necessary for timely project completion; free issued components, factory testing materials, etc.
- Coordinate and track deliverables as required by the contract/specification; design submittal packages, operation and maintenance manuals, training manuals, etc.
- Organize shipments and generate packing lists within the ERP for proper shipment tracking
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We have a steady work flow and are a long standing business in the community. We offer a full suite of benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 8 paid holidays, vacation and $1 for $1 match on 401K!
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/EngineeringTechnology required.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems & Microsoft word, excel & outlook.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience in managing multi-million dollar contracts is a strong plus.
- Experience in the railroad industry is a plus.
- Experience in construction management is a plus
Please Submit Your Resume And Cover Letter for This Position to: